Privacy and Data Protection
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
1. Regimental Headquarters Grenadier Guards (hereafter known as “Grenadier Guards”, the “Regiment” or “We”) has a legitimate interest in holding some basic information on all individuals who have served, or continue to serve, in the Regiment, whether that be with 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards or elsewhere in HM Forces.
2. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and the Data Protection Act 1998, the Grenadier Guards are committed to protecting your privacy. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with GDPR and to ensuring that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
4. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
5. We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us.
6. At no time will this information be sold or rented to any third parties without your prior consent.
7. Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
8. We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
9. We will make readily available information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
10. We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
11. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPH(S)
12. Photograph(s) of Regimental events such as Grenadier Day, Regimental Remembrance Day, overseas visits and ceremonial highlights are used solely to promote the activities of the Grenadier Guards and may appear in any of our Regimental electronic or printed communications
USE OF NAMES
13. Names of members of the Grenadier Guards Association are published in the online Nominal Roll of the Association in order to facilitate contact within the Regimental family.
14. In compliance with GDPR 2018 and the Data Protection Act 1998, we ask any serving members of the Regiment or members of the Regimental Association who wish their names to be removed from materials displayed on the web site to contact us. Likewise if you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. If we do not receive any instructions on the above, we assume that your consent has been given.
CHANGES AND QUESTIONS